Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Can a Landlord give you a 30 day notice for no reason

Posted by Sametra Scott on January 05, 2001 at 19:30:55:

I am renting on a month to month lease and my landlord has given a 30 day notice twice a three year period time frame. The first time they gave me a 30 day notice. They did not ask me side of the story. I was a witness in an convertation between another tenent who did not get a long with a freind of mine, but the friend of mine decided to stay with another tenent in the unit. The friend had a friend she introduced to me. We begin to talk about my friend on how she is a troublemaker. The next day my freind was assulted by her friend, they blamed me for not calling the police. I come home from school/ work and I see a thirty day notice to move. I went and got the police report and witness stating I had nothing to do this. The owner says to me I can stay but I have to move soon. Now it is two years later I get another notice. I havent done anything I am hardly ever home. I go to school full time, and work parttime. When I moved in the blinds were broken, and then I have no light covers. I am scared one day the light tubes might fall. They never replaced the carpet. The carpet was at three to four years old. I have so many problems with the complex. What rights do I have.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name