Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Problems with Landlord, please help with advice! :)

Posted by Renee on January 07, 2001 at 12:25:08:

In Reply to: Problems with Landlord, please help with advice! :) posted by Toma on January 07, 2001 at 12:04:08:

If they made a mistake - they must suffer the consequances. They signed a legally binding contract and must abide by those terms. They cannot alter the terms at this point any more than you can change them. She is trying to scam you.

The problem is - do you like this apartment enough to pay up and stay another term or are you willing to give it up at the end of the lease? It will be the choice you have to make. If it was me (and I'm a landlord), I would move out before I was coerced into paying more than my lease stated. I would be concerned that this would set a precedent with this landlady and she will change whatever she wants at her whim because she sees you as a push over. If she is this unethical over $200, what other tricks will she have up her sleeve? If you do decide to hold firm and move at the end of the term, make sure that you give the required notice, leave the place as it was when you moved in and document all with photographs and video (dated). Hate to think what she will do when its time to return your security deposit.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name