Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Noisy Tenant Upstairs

Posted by Dawn on January 08, 2001 at 16:45:43:

In Reply to: Re: Noisy Tenant Upstairs posted by John NYC Tenant on January 03, 2001 at 21:15:00:

This is Dawn. Somehow some glitch must've happened because this noisy neighbor post is originally someone else's here.

I've learned how to deal with my own noisy neighbors. My downstairs neighbor blasts his music that my windows literally shake. I stomp on the floor to tell them they're being loud and the volume goes immediately down. My upstairs neighbor has three kids between the ages of 7 and 12. I called the parent out by banging on the ceiling with a broom handle like an old lady would and the mother tried to get all tough with me. I let her know that I don't blame the kids because they're young and full of energy (she never takes them out except to school) but that she should have them do more quiet things like reading a book or taking out their energy by taking them to a park. She starts saying that three kids are a lot to handle, and I told her if my mother did it, then she could find a way to handle hers too. If not, the next step for me was to call Child Welfare and THEY would handle it for HER. After that little confrontation, she backed down. She immediately sent them to visit their father across the street that day. Now, when I hear them getting too lively, and I honestly can't take it because it's REALLY too loud, I get the broomstick and they calm down right quick up there. We also have a new landlord now who has already sent out a notice that he won't stand for noise disruptions in the building. I think that's why she's being a little more considerate, knowing she could lose her home. I think New York City should pass a law that nobody with kids should have an apartment above anybody. Meanwhile, I'm ECSTATIC!

: I think you ought to use earplugs or listen to music with headphones when they are using the stairmaster.

: I mean, how often are they doing it? 24 hours a day?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name