Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

lease renewal

Posted by Kimmy on January 08, 2001 at 19:35:21:

I received such great help from the people here and I want to pose one last question. My sister just got her renewal lease, on the lease there are two people (her and her boyfriend). Her boyfriend is moving out and she just wants to renew the lease just in her name. Anyway, she is worried that the landlord won't renew just to her only because the only way they were able to get the apartment was through a combination of both her and her boyfriend's income. Does the landlord have any right NOT to renew her the lease to just her? This is a rent-stabilized apt in NYC.

PS. I have been giving her money to pay the rent every month and will continue to do so until she finishes grad school, does that make any difference if the landlord knows that she will be getting steady stream of funds. The landlord is a jerk, if he has any recourse or any possibility of kicking anyone out and raising the rent, he will do it.

Just want to cover all bases, I don't want my sister w/o an apartment in this tight market.

Thanks alot!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name