Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Monitoring

Posted by Renee on January 14, 2001 at 05:39:45:

In Reply to: Monitoring posted by Yarrow on January 13, 2001 at 17:39:04:

"Monitoring" seems to indicate that I am spying. The reason I visit this site is to gain insight into the Landlord / Tenant relationship. This makes me a better Landlord. Sometimes, its easy to forget what it was like when I was a Tenant. Also, economy and laws have changed since then and it keeps me fresh. I also am amazed at how bad some landlords can be and how difficult they can make life for a person, especially for persons in a large city such as NYC.

There are also times when I am able to help with a reply, because I know where the Landlords (some of them) are coming from and what will more easily remedy a situation. Some replies are so combative that if a Tenant follows the advice, they will merely get into a screaming match and nothing but acrimony will come of it.

There are sometimes better ways of handling situations without the use of force. Sometimes force of law is needed. I have never felt that my presence here was spying in any form but learning and growing in my profession and my understanding of my partners (tenants) in business. I suspect that many respondents are landlords, they are simply not as forthright as I have been. Probably because they have been visiting here for longer than I have and know how closed minded some people can be in allowing dialog. Or maybe its because I never thought that it was "US against THEM" but what we can do TOGETHER to make the situation benefit all.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name