Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Repairs

Posted by Lilly on January 18, 2001 at 04:44:30:

In Reply to: Repairs posted by Joan Willis on January 17, 2001 at 21:29:32:

IF a housing inspector came into your apartment and saw the floor in question, he/she would write up a violation for that stating something like this: replace with new the damaged/missing floorboards in (room) in apartment___ at (address) SO the answer to your question is yes, he must replace the damaged floorboards with either similar or the same material. Sheet plywood is not wood planks. Your recourse (fastest) is housing court, or DHCR (veeeerrrryyy sloooowwww)
but DHCR would not consider that a rent imparing violation. Since you're willing to buy the planks and have the LL do the work, that's the quickest solution.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name