Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

I appreciate this forum - it's helped me

Posted by Dawn on January 18, 2001 at 11:22:00:

In Reply to: Who pays for tenant.net ? posted by There Are No Stupid Questions on January 17, 2001 at 23:46:10:

I guess it depends on the person, but I've gotten pretty good and accurate information here. Short of getting an attorney (which is good advice if I have something that may be complex like a legal document) I, so far, have not had any problems with people who have genuinely responded to me. If one has a tenant problem or question, and they post it here, which is a public forum, there is the expectation that there will be more than one opinion or answer to your question. Because of getting multiple responses or answers, the assumption is we're all adults here with some common sense and can weed out the good from the bad here. There is also the fact that one cannot take everything completely at face value (isn't that a given in anything?), which is where doing one's own research also comes in.

There are weblinks here that also prove helpful and books and other websites that can help fill in the blanks or break the legalese down to english. It's a matter of how much you want to help yourself.

Alienating the people on this board will not help your cause. Good questions, though. Peace.

: Who pays for this site to be maintained?
: Why can't tenants get accurate information here?
: Has anyone else had problems with like this with this site?
: Has anyone taken the suggestion/information here to landlord/tenant court or small claims and found it caused problems for them?
: If the purpose of this site is to provide information to tenants why isn't that happening?
: And don't tell me these are "stupid" questions. In fact, don't bothering replying if that's your opinion. If you need a good example of stupid look at the replies I've gotten. Go a hire a lawyer? Buy your own appliances? I need to come on to this site to get that? Who is helped by these suggestions? Not me.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name