Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: There really are not any stupid questions...

Posted by Kimmy on January 18, 2001 at 17:11:49:

In Reply to: Re: There really are not any stupid questions... posted by duh on January 18, 2001 at 14:48:34:

And part of the first post should be reiterated:

"And don't tell me these are "stupid" questions. In fact, don't bothering replying if that's your opinion. If you need a good example of stupid look at the replies I've gotten."

: : I agree with you completely, I have posted a couple of times and I out of all the answers I have gotten 5% of it helped me, and 95% of it was just plain rudeness. I have never encountered a forum with that allowed so many obnoxious replies, but let this not dissuade you from the 5% that actually do try to help you, and I thank them for it.

: : Kimmy.

: Your math is as good as your reading skills.

: Dear Sir or Madam:

: You wrote:

: I have a rent stabilized apartment with my roommate. Both of us are on the lease. My roommate is moving out.

: (1) Can I keep the lease in my name only WITHOUT getting the vacancy increase of 20%?

: (2) Can I have a new roommate?

:
: RGB: Yes and yes.

: According to the NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal (DHCR), the state agency that administers the rent laws, at 212-961-8930 or 718-739-6400, if you have a rent stabilized apartment, the persons named on the lease have a right to a renewal lease. If one named co-tenant chooses to move out, the other remaining named co-tenant has the right to:

: (1) continue receiving renewal leases (increased by the RENEWAL increase) in their name only WITHOUT a vacancy increase;

: (2) have a new roommate who is not on the lease.

: If you wish to add the new occupant's name to the lease, the owner may charge the vacancy increase.

: The roommate who is moving out should write a letter to the owner stating she is moving out and provide the date.

: The existing roommate is entitled to receive a renewal lease with no vacancy increase, as long as the lease is in her name only and she does not request to add anyone else's name.

: You may wish to contact DHCR for further information on how to proceed.
:

:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name