Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

No repairs after court decision and fines.....

Posted by Tramar on January 23, 2001 at 14:02:35:

Hi, Tenant.net. Here is another part of my ongoing problem. My fiance and I were awarded succession rights to her grandmother's apartment. We did the HP action thing and the attorney thing. This case has been dragged along from 09/00 to the present. The court ordered them to do repairs because we have serious violations in the apartment. They barely corrected 2 of the 7 violations.

Now, here is the deal. The building manager avoids us constantly. He gave us a date of Jan 22nd (2 months after the court said repairs were supposed to be completed) and when we cleared apartment to be repaired, he avoided us. We had confirmed with him via letters slipped under his door. He called us the week of Jan 14th and gave us Jan 22nd. Now he is avoiding us and not returning phone calls about why repairs didn't start, etc.

What can we do at this point? It seems as if these guys are not listening to the courts or anyone else. People recommend HP actions but these people don't care. Our lawyers pretty much did their job by helping us with the succession case. Any suggestions????? If anyone can help us get some positive results from this like repairs being done, we would be most appreciative. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name