Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I need a licensed P.E. or Architects : DoB resources

Posted by Bob on January 25, 2001 at 19:21:47:

In Reply to: I need a licensed P.E. or Architects professional opinion- I'll pay! posted by Mark on January 25, 2001 at 15:40:56:

: I need to get a professional and certifiable opinion of a modification done to my apartment in Brooklyn (mult. dwelling 6 or more units). The architect got a work permit for a type II construction, but the actual construction done was a sub-basement conversion into a livable dwelling, an addition which increased the vertical definition of the building plus changed the number of rooms and occupancy. If someone can refer me to a qualified P.E. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

You don't need one to report this to DoB. Note: no sub-basement can ever legally be used for humans to live in. You can research this yourself in the Building Code, part of the NYC Admin Code, at your library or purchase it at the NYC Store.

(212) 227-7000

Beginning July 17, 2000, just one telephone number, (212) 227-7000, can be used to register a complaint with the Department of Buildings in any of the five boroughs of New York City. DOB's new Central Complaint Center and multi-purpose Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) will create an easier process for the public to bring concerns to our attention and get information.

From Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., specially trained operators will be available to respond to calls. After standard work hours, callers will be directed to leave a message to be returned on the next business day and given instructions for emergency situations.

DOB's new, multi-purpose Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system will provide callers with electronic options for obtaining information, including 24-hour general information about the Department of Buildings, easy access to the Building Information System (DOB's computerized property database) and referral information for other agencies.

From now on, when New Yorkers need to call DOB, all they have to do is dial 212-227-7000

one listing:

Brooklyn Chapter, American Institute of Architects

1235 84th Street

Brooklyn, NY 11228

(718) 745-1572

more tel's here:

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name