Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: I need a licensed P.E. or Architects : DoB resources

Posted by Chelsea on January 25, 2001 at 21:04:03:

In Reply to: Re: I need a licensed P.E. or Architects : DoB resources posted by former vice president on January 25, 2001 at 20:33:39:

:IF an arcitect got a permit then the premises will have to be :inspected by a city inspector. The inspector will catch anything :illegal.

Not true, if it's done under self-certification. Even if there is inspector, the inspector will not necessarily catch anything illegal, especially, for instance, if there's a pay-off involved.

:You should be able to check the permits and get any info you need off :of them.

Not if the information on them is false. Happens all the time, unfortunately.

I don't know any details in this case, but if the certificate of occupancy has become an issue in court(for a substantial rehabilitation, loft law or Major Capital Improvement case), the tenant is quite right to consider hiring a licensed architect or engineer.

: former vice pres

Signed, the Once and Future Chelsea.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name