Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Landlord is making demands, I have to move

Posted by Stacey Waid on January 26, 2001 at 08:00:26:

Apartment is in Stanfordville, NY I have a lease, and to my knowledge the building is private own and not stabilized or controlled. There are 7 apartments on this property (2 homes divided up,there are 4 units in my building)
My landlord is making demands on me that I can't afford and are not in my lease, I explained to him that I will have to move. He said I am breaking his lease and that he had details to tell me. When I returned home I noticed that someone was in the apartment, when I called him on it he said " Yes I was and also the lady next door" he also went on to tell me he was allowed to enter my apartment whenever he so wished. I called the State Police and the Tropper explained to me then to the landlord according to his lease he the landlord must give me the tenant notice when entering my apartment. Now scared and confused that this landlord will do something else to me, how many days do I have to get out? I am paid through January, but I am afraid that I will not be able to find a place to live in the days left of this month. My family and friends live 600 miles away so I can't even go there. Please help me understand my rights I just want to find a safe place to live.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name