Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Breaking Lease-moving out of State

Posted by yes on January 30, 2001 at 20:31:21:

In Reply to: Breaking Lease-moving out of State posted by Sherry on January 29, 2001 at 12:47:41:

: My son and his two roomates are in college and are moving out of State for internship jobs. They have 6 months left on their lease. Can they legally give a 30 day notice and forfeit their deposit and break the lease?

Yes, sorta... they request to assign their lease as in Real Property Law 226-b. Find it on, ny info section, laws for all tenants section.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name