Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Cout has to seize Landlord's assets.

Posted by Dawn on February 02, 2001 at 16:38:29:

In Reply to: Cout has to seize Landlord's assets. posted by Tramar on February 02, 2001 at 11:26:41:

I happened to use a BBL website that JJ posted and it turned out to be quite helpful. In a certain area, it will list not only the taxes due to be paid for the building, it will also list who paid taxes the most recently on the building. you must be careful though: jj's warning that the names may be different for one area from another is true. if you know the current management name and address, that's perfect and you will be able to better determine if they are the present owner by the listings.

what's good about the site is this: you may come across where they bank in the real estate billing name and address section of the Tax Assessment section. It's worth a shot to look into - it may not have the security deposits and such but there may be a possibility that if one bank account for building taxes is there, there may be another account there for the security/tenant stuff.

Here's the cut and paste from JJ's original posting: good luck.

Posted by JJ on January 31, 2001 at 19:12:37:

Goto NYC Dept of Finance, select Property Tax Inquiry, type in street address = voila!:
BBL (Borough-Block-Lot).

Warning: owner's name in Inquiry is different than name in Tax Assesment (which is only
available by BBL). Tax Ass. has the correct name on 3 that I checked tonight.

http://nyc.gov/

NYC website

: My landlord won't pay for his fines from the courts (he is in contempt) and also he is not doing the repairs ordered by the court. How can we find out where the landlord does his banking? The company is Madison Central Realty or Ark Realty. They are LLC I believe and are located on W 45th St (going off of memory).

: The courts told us that if we can find out where they bank, they will seize their assets until they pay fines and fix our apartment. Can anyone out here help us? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name