Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Court has to seize Landlord's assets.

Posted by Dawn on February 02, 2001 at 16:49:50:

In Reply to: Cout has to seize Landlord's assets. posted by Tramar on February 02, 2001 at 11:26:41:

I saw this response posted earlier regarding LL's not returning security deposits, but the info instructions Maven posted below could also apply to your situation on how to collect:

In Reply to: Collecting security deposit posted by BC on January 31, 2001 at 02:26:35:

If you have your cancelled rent checks, you might be able to see the name of the bank (and
the account number) where the landlord has his account. Then getting a restraining notice
from the small claims clerk and have it served on the bank. The bank is supposed to
withhold twice the amount of the judgment.

You could also get restraining notices and have them served on some of the current
tenants. The tenant is supposed to withhold twice the amount of the judgment.

You can also get an information subpoena from the clerk and have it served on the
landlord. He is supposed to answer the subpoena and tell you the location of his assets and
sources of income.

And you could have a lien filed against the building, but foreclosing on the building to
collect a small claims court judgment could be expensive and time-consuming.

:

: My landlord won't pay for his fines from the courts (he is in contempt) and also he is not doing the repairs ordered by the court. How can we find out where the landlord does his banking? The company is Madison Central Realty or Ark Realty. They are LLC I believe and are located on W 45th St (going off of memory).

: The courts told us that if we can find out where they bank, they will seize their assets until they pay fines and fix our apartment. Can anyone out here help us? Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name