Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

New Management. Help!

Posted by Adra on February 04, 2001 at 18:06:16:

Hi! I have a question I am hoping you all can help me with:

Our apartment complex just got bought out by Company B. Even if our lease is under Company A, can we not transfer to one of Company's A's other apartments as they have a benefit for all tenants that one can transfer to another complex within the U.S.? Is this possible? Supposedly they said it could not be done because they "bought" our lease. Upon move-in, we put in a work order for items to be repaired and since then, which is about three months, they have not been repaired; yet, since at that time, it was Company A, doesn't Company B have liability. I have been told that we can "break" the lease because of this, but it was through Company A.

Also, our manager lives at an apartment across the street, and it was obvious some college students were drunk and partying as they were screaming and yelling in their drunken state. Well, wouldn't you know that our manager (male) had joined the party! I mean, I know he has the right to do what he wishes, but these guys were obviously drunk and making a lot of noise and he did nothing to stop them. Actually, he even was outside with a beer in his hand, drinking with them.

We would LOVE to leave....BUT HOW? Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Thanx

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name