Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

overcharge

Posted by chelsea on February 06, 2001 at 16:33:08:

In Reply to: Landlord dragging his feet on renewal posted by Georgygirl on February 06, 2001 at 13:05:08:

Have you been overcharged in the last four years?

: Update from last month: The LL is still dragging his feet on sending me my renewal. I asked for help on this board and determined from that and calling DHCR I know I cannot be just pushed out for no reason out of getting the renwal for my rent stabilized apt. But I'm getting anxious waiting for this renewal to show up in my mailbox. The other issue IS my mailbox -- it's been busted forever. Tried fixing it once by replacing the lock only to have it busted open -- my order of personal checks that I was waiting on (hence putting in the new lock in the first place) was opened and copies of loose checks littered the inside of my mailbox. Each new landlord has never taken care of this mailbox issue I'm not the only one with a busted one). The postmaster recently left a note a month ago claiming the post office will not be responsible for lost mail.

: So now I'm wondering if the LL will pull a fast one and say that he "sent" the renewal but just never got it back from me in time. My current lease expires April 1. What can I do to stop this harrassment of not giving me what is due me?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name