Harassment 5
Eviction N/A
Lease Terms 4
Discrimination N/A
Repairs 4
Communication 5
Initial Condition 5
Code Violations 5

The manager of our building Mark Beike, was incredibly rude when asked about situations-for instance our furnace did not heat our apartment above 60 degrees for 3 days and he told us to put plastic on our windows. (Our thermostat was set to 85 degrees.) He tried to charge us for carpet cleaning. There was nothing we signed saying was required when we got our notice as to what had to be done to get our security deposit. Our apartment was filthy when we moved in and the cleaning person did not come until 2 weeks AFTER we moved in. We had already cleaned. When he called to ask us if she had come, we told him she helped clean the stove. The attitude and rudeness when I went to him about the carpet cleaning was very rude and hostile, and he could not show me where on the lease it said it was required. When I asked him for a copy of the receipt for cleaning, he could not produce that. After arguing about it, he finally wrote on the checkout that we would not be charged. When I moved out the freezer was damaged. I took responsibility for it and started to get it fixed. The next day when the repairman came to finish the job, Mark sent him away- I had been told by two people (Gayle and Paul) who said to have it patched right away. So I paid $60 to have it started-Mark sent him away when he came back, and now is trying to charge me to get a new refrigerator. He has not been helpful or reasonable. I want to file a formal complaint because I have been lied to, treated badly, and wrongfully charged.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name