Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Don't think you can sue...

Posted by MikeW on February 14, 2001 at 14:57:56:

In Reply to: LANDLORD WANTS ME TO VACATE PREMISSES FOR NO APARENT REASON posted by Deborah Herbert on February 13, 2001 at 11:56:27:

You went to court and won. I don't know if NC has any laws against frivolous lawsuits or such, and even if so, I can't say if your LL's actions would qualify. You'll probably need to talk to a local lawyer.

Keep sending the rent though. Also send it certified mail, return receipt requested. This give you proof that you paid if the LL tries to hit you with non-payment.

: I live in a complex called Double Oaks, located in Charlotte, North Carolina. I have lived there for 18 years. We resonally got a new manager by the name of Tom. I have been paying my rent for the last 18 years. I received a notice from Tom in July, 2000 asking me to vacate the premisses because a neighbor told him I have to much company. I have 4 brothers and 7 sisters and that is not including myself. There is a total of 12 siblings. I also have 27 nieces and newphews. They have visit me for the last 18 years. I have never had any complaints or have any police officers visit my residents for distrubance of any kind. Tom decided to take me to court in October, 2000. The Judge ordered him to continue accepting my rent and that he could not have prosession of the apartment. He then asked for an appeal. His appeal was scheduled for February 5, 2001. He then mailed my rent back for November and December and schedule another court date in January like if this was a new case. The Judge again expressed to him that he need to accept my rent and wait for his appeal to come up. Which would have been in February. He never showed up for the appeal schedule for February 5, 2001, so the case was dismissed. Now he has returned my rent back for February. I would like to how to go about filing a lawsuit against this property complex?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name