Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sleepless days

Posted by Kris on February 16, 2001 at 17:55:38:

In Reply to: Sleepless days posted by Brandon on February 16, 2001 at 01:05:02:

Brandon. Have you talked to your landlord / management agency at all and informed them you are a 3rd shift worker? That would be the very first thing I would do in your situation. I would then be prepared to offer a compromise. For example they can work from 8 am to noon but have to not make any noise from noon to when ever they quit. Often there are many steps in a renovation some of which are pretty quiet (taping and mudding holes, crack, drywall joints; sanding (by hand), painting, laying new vinyle). Try for a compromise before trying to ask for money. Often when the first thing out of your mouth is a request for a discount or threats of a lawsuite, the landlord just thinks you are after money and don't really have a legitimate complaing.

Let us know how it works out.

: I'm still new in the renting business; I've only been living in an apartment for 9 months. Anyway, the problem I'm having is with a renovation going on at my complex in Indianapolis, IN. I work nights (12-hour shifts) and therefore sleep during the day. The landlord is renovating the apartments on the other side of the bedroom wall. Needless to say, I cannot sleep with constant hammering pounding my bedroom wall. What can I do? I highly doubt that they will postpone the rennovation (my lease is up in 6 weeks and I'm leaving in 4), however I can't continue to go without sleep. I've been running on 2 hours of sleep a day for the last 2 weeks. Do I have to pay the full rent for an apartment where I can't even sleep? Can I request an adjustment to my rent for the final month? Help.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name