Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: 30 Days Notice? yes

Posted by Kay on February 22, 2001 at 12:14:50:

In Reply to: Re: 30 Days Notice? yes posted by link on February 21, 2001 at 19:01:06:

Thank you so much! It is such a relief to know that, legally, I can either sublet or get out of the lease. Things are looking up.

Kay

: : Can I give 30 days' notice and get out of my lease early? I took my chances and took a place in a less than great neighborhood (this is New York City) because the place was big for the price. Now I am so depressed living there. Besides the noise and thin walls, the building smells. I would have been able to take the neighborhood for a while when I was 20, but I'm a little too old now for grunge, and I feel out of place there, and depressed. There are also some other reasons why I will have to relocate, anyway. I want to be on good terms with this landlord and keep good credit, but New York has been a hell of a roller coaster ride, I've got way too many unwanted pressures and responsibilities, and I'm ready to fly the coop. To make a long story short, will the landlord object to my ending the lease early? The turnover is so high in New York City, and the demand for apartments so huge, that I would think it wouldn't be a problem.

: : Kay

: read this:
: Sec. 226-b. Right to sublease or assign.

: and this:
: http://tenant.net/nyc.html

: and search for the same question, every month on this forum

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name