Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Eviction due to a pet . Please help !!!

Posted by will on February 27, 2001 at 00:23:05:

In Reply to: Eviction due to a pet . Please help !!! posted by susan kay on February 27, 2001 at 00:06:26:

Find a nice home for the puppy...seriously. Yes, you can be charged rent for the time the apartment is vacant. And you did sign a waver ant the landlord sent a letter within the 90 day grace period....

If you really need a pet are cats allowed? usually those pass through....

Will

: Could you please help me with this question. I have a rent stabilized lease for 2 years and have lived in same bldg for 10 years
: in NYC. I signed a special NO PET CLAUSE rider and that I warranted and represented that I would not get a pet of ANY kind.

: Due to emotional reasons,I got a dog. The landlord told me that I will be evicted. The super saw the dog last week when I brought him home. It is a toy poodle 3 months old and very quiet. The landlord's lawyer's certified letter said that if I do not get rid of the dog in 2 weeks that the lawyer will move to evict me and bill me for the months they cannot find a tenant.

: Can they evict a person AND charge them for rent ?? I will move with my dog but I can't pay 2 rents. Please help !! Thanks...

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name