Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Stupid pet tricks

Posted by Real Estate Mogul on March 01, 2001 at 01:14:27:

In Reply to: Re: Get rid of pet--charming! posted by Kay on February 28, 2001 at 10:36:04:

Once again, read the lease. If the lease says "no pets" but you think the landlord is OK with pets, have him delete that line from the lease. Don't assume it somehow does't apply to you.

Some dogs and cats do a lot of damage to apartments. But worse are some irresponsible pet owners. For example, a LL friend of mine had tenants skip out without paying rent, leaving their 3 dogs starving in the apartment for days before he found them. (He called the ASPCA and police and eventually won a judgement from the tenants, but what a hassle. He no longer accepts pets).

In my opinion people who plot to violate a lease provision they quite knowingly signed and agreed are probably irresponsible in other ways to, as the tenants who abandoned their dogs were.

No pets means no pets.
: I suppose it takes one to know one. Boy are you rude! You know most buildings in NYC have leases that say "no pets", and many of these allow pets anyway. I'm in such a building right now. The lease says "no pets" and there must be around 10 dogs here. Even the ad said "dogs ok". So the "no pets" clause doesn't mean a hell of a lot.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name