Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: which court? small claims or housing?

Posted by New York Tenant on March 04, 2001 at 08:51:06:

In Reply to: which court? small claims or housing? posted by carah on March 03, 2001 at 20:08:54:

You have to bring the proceeding in small claims court, assuming that your former landlord lives in or has an office in New York City.

: I need to bring an action against my former landlord for not returning my full deposit. The amount in dispute is about $600. Does anyone know which NYC court I should file the case in? Small claims or housing court?

: thanks!

: -c

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name