Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Is lease still valid if I find out my apartment is illegal??

Posted by Renee on March 08, 2001 at 04:05:36:

In Reply to: Is lease still valid if I find out my apartment is illegal?? posted by Jayme on March 07, 2001 at 23:00:58:

According to previous posts, your apartment is not the illegal one, but the basement apartment is. This could help the basement tenant get out but not you. Your roommate will sue you one way or another because that's the kind of girl she is. She will have you in small claims - not landlord-tenant. She is not your landlord. This is not a landlord/tenant issue. Your boyfriend is a witness of your ongoing struggle with her. Document everything for the inevitable day in court. That is not to say that the LL will not also have his day in court with the both of you!!! Also - you can countersue her. Bottom line is I sense a lawyer chomping at the bits for all the money he will earn on this case. I think it would have been easier to sit tight another 3 months and complete your lease and then move on.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name