Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Ace got the point but this is not an attack board

Posted by Ace on March 16, 2001 at 11:41:33:

In Reply to: Re:ace missing the point - anyone else? posted by H on March 15, 2001 at 15:54:11:

And coming down on me is not completely missing the point? What's this attack for?

I asked if there was a turnaround time from when the complaint is placed to when the complaint needs to be fixed -- I find it hard to believe that ANYONE in this world is on 24-hour call and truly ON 24 hour call. People eat, people run errands, etc. The original poster made NO reference as to how long the turnaround has been for his/her repairs. Yet you're harping on me? Do I care that there is a law? Surely. But it seems you guys only see supers as non-human robots. Not all supers are evil. I have a decent super -- makes the repairs in a timely fashion and/or gives me a real time when things will be repaired. I don't care if the super sleeps around with 20 people, as long as they handle the business or give me a real timeframe as to when.

You guys are blowing this WAY out of proportion and I never said that there was NO SUCH RULE! Hope you felt better trying to hammer on me.

The original poster DID seem more concerned about the super meeting his girlfriend than being home with his wife. If he/she had left that out and just said the guy isn't around, and what's the law or turnaround on repair, then that would have been fine. Morality or lack thereof should be left out of the equation, and THAT'S what I was talking about.

: Ace - you are completely missing the point - this should be clear to you now. why dont you zip in [it] unless you know the legality of this super misrepresenting hinself. Evidently ther eis a law in NYC about a building with over 44 units having a guy around 24 hours. so there.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name