Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

uhm maybe I misunderstood....

Posted by will on March 19, 2001 at 00:34:25:

In Reply to: Re: Lease Renewal posted by New York Tenant on March 18, 2001 at 23:51:47:

This wasn't an MCI increase it was the 1/40th rule used for new fridges, stoves, bathtubs, blind...and the answer is the landlord can only charge for those once...the 1/40th cost gets added permenantly to the basis rent FOREVER. The landlord can charge for the same equipment twice....I think you meant to say the 1/40th increase are permanent...NO?

Will

: Not only can the landlord continue to charge you for the equipment, he can add the 4% or 6% renewal increase to it.

: And if a new tenant rented the apartment when it became vacant, the landlord could add the vacancy increase (a minimum of 18% or 20%) to it.

: :
: : Hello fellow renters! My question is fairly simple once you know the answer. I am currently up to renew my lease.In my original two year lease I was charged 1/40th of the amount of money spend on new equipment for the apartment. Given that the apartment was vacant when the new items were installed, the land lord reserves the right to charge for them. So I agreed with that charge. Finally, my question is can the landlord charge for the same new equipment on a renewal lease, given that the equipment is no longer new? Any help will be great! FYI- I live in a 6 story "renters only" apartment building in flatbust- Brooklyn, NY.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name