Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Video Camera in Hallway...Help!!

Posted by dave on March 22, 2001 at 14:01:54:

In Reply to: Video Camera in Hallway...Help!! posted by Renter on March 22, 2001 at 13:14:55:

Ahhhh the first floor apartment........the landlord wants to recoup for his family, so he is trying to make sure you actually live there,.....can you say non primary residence, or do you have an illegal roomate?

: My landlord hired a security company to install cameras in the lobby/first floor of the building where I live on the first floor. One of the cameras is situated directly aimed at my door, and it is taping 24 hours a day.

: Is the landlord allowed to capture on tape every move I or potential guests make? This camera is recording when I leave, when I come home, who visits me, and when they arrive and leave. There are 32 other floors in the building, and this is the only floor where tenants' doors (and therefore tenant and visitor activity) is being taped. Do I have grounds to complain about invasion of privacy?

: Someone please help...thank you!!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name