Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilization

Posted by Saguaro on March 25, 2001 at 23:11:46:

In Reply to: Re: Rent Stabilization posted by gary on March 25, 2001 at 16:11:57:

There are lots of ways that some apartments in a building can be under rent stabilization and others not. Some new buildings are built under an "80/20" plan in which 20% are rent stablized for low and moderate income families and the rest are regular rents.

I don't see what is "ridiculous" about decontroling a $2000/month apartment. That's $24,000 a year - more than many folks MAKE in a year. To qualify for that you'd probably need to earn close to $100,000 annually -- someone with that kind of income ought to have no trouble finding a market rate apartment.

: Well, I think it is a fair assumption (someone correct me if I am wrong, please) that all apartments in your building are SUBJECT to rent stabilization if you rent them directly from management. However, as you know, if the rent is over $2,000 if may have been decontrolled under that ridiculous so-called "luxury" decontrol law.
: I really do not see the relevency of what year the building was built. If the database shows it to be rent stabilized, than you should proceed on that assumption.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name