Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent Stabilization,Pet Law,Taking me to the court

Posted by Angela on March 28, 2001 at 11:25:00:

In Reply to: Rent Stabilization posted by Angela on March 24, 2001 at 22:58:35:

Hello again. As I posted yesterday I had a visit from the building manager about my dog today. He did not want to listen to me and just marked that I still have a dog. Then I told him that we have dog for 2 years and keep him openly and there is a law in NYC, but he told me "This is a coop and we have our own rules so tell about the law to the judge" and left. Also I told him that everybody knew about the dog. He told "I did not know". But by the law it is enough if super knew. Super is manager's cousin, so I am afraid he can tell that he did not know either and it will be the lie. So, problems, problems... I reread the law again and it said: In New York City (Administrative Code of the City of New York Section 27-2009.1) and Westchester County (Laws of Westchester County Section 694), statutes commonly known as the "Pet Law" give tenants in all multiple dwellings, including COOPERATIVES and most condominiums, as well as rental housing, and government subsidized housing, the right to keep a pet, even if there is an applicable "no pet" clause in the lease. So please tell me if I'm right and should I contact lawyer immediately. If I would win in court will they return me the legal fees???

Thank you very much, Angela.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name