Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Sublease

Posted by JL on April 04, 2001 at 12:05:16:

In Reply to: Sublease posted by Malia on April 03, 2001 at 13:00:48:

i'm not familiar with legal subleasing arrangements, but it seems to me you should sit down with the LL and discuss it. from what it sounds like, the LL is getting even more dough than if the original tenants were there, right? i've not yet met a LL who wouldn't continue to do nothing and get more money. that's a LL's whole 'raison d'etre'! i bet she'll be accomodating about you staying til november (unless she has some plans you don't know about), continuing to collect the extra 5%. when the real lease runs out, you should make one fine candidate to 'move in' next, unless there have been problems with the LL you don't mention.

in the meantime, i can't imagine the LL will swoop down on you if you stay there after the sublease expires. its only a few more months til november, and it's that much more $$$ for the LL. the only drawback i can see is when you take over the lease then, i bet she raises the rent to include that extra 5% she was getting, at least.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name