Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: HELP!!!??? Do I have a chance? Suggestions?

Posted by JL on April 05, 2001 at 15:52:27:

In Reply to: HELP!!!??? Do I have a chance? Suggestions? posted by Richard K. Redling on April 05, 2001 at 11:08:45:

so you paid for the whole month and the $780 was to be your reimbursement for the last part of January? unless you had some kind of written agreement, a 3rd-party witness, or some other evidence of this deal, there may be little you can do. was this just a 'handshake agreement'? i assume you were renting month-to-month or else this guy would proabbly try to get money from you until the lease runs out.

i've always found it is much more difficult to get a LL to reimburse than it is to take care of any discrepancies in advance (like paying less rent the following month if you pay for a repair to the apartment). LL's do not like to hand over money. it seems it would be very difficult to drag this whole thing out in court with you in germany. maybe you could send him a tactful letter asking him to explain why he is reneging on the deal.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name