Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Unethical Attorney / Departmental Disciplinary Committee

Posted by court watcher on April 06, 2001 at 19:11:21:

After 10 years of improper behavior on the part of the attorney who represents my landlord (NYC, Multiple Dwelling / Loft with no residential C of O), over one year ago I filed a "complaint" with the Departmental Disciplinary Committee against the attorney / firm (escrow account / fiduciary problems, untruthful affidavits, etc.).
The Committee accepted my "complaint", received an "answer" from the attorney and asked for my response to the "answer" -- which I submitted over 9 months ago.
I was told at that time that the committee was going to proceed with the inquiry into the atorney's behavior, but would be unable to give me any up-dates as the case proceeded. From what I can glean the Committee is fairly secret and closed door about these type of proceedings.
Questions:
1) Will the Committee notify me (as complainant) of the outcome of the inquiry / complaint?
2) Is a FOIL request necessary to follow-up on this complaint?
3) If the Committee determines that discipline is required, does such a decision become a public record?
4) is the Disciplianry Committee on the up and up (just and ethical), or is it merely another political entity controlled by those with the most money?
Thanks for responses.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name