Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Is there any recourse?

Posted by dave on April 07, 2001 at 12:24:34:

In Reply to: Is there any recourse? posted by Steffani on April 07, 2001 at 01:52:12:

As long as you have a signed lease, or some paperwork to say you are approved and a date to move in, they cant do this.

When exactly did you pay your deposit? in March?..and did they give you a reciept for it on company stationary?

IF yes then that indicates an implied contract with you, and you would sign a lease when you moved in.

If NOT....... then no comment

: I recently found an apartment, the present tenant wanted out of his lease, and I agreed to take it over. We both went to the property management, and they agreed to let me rent. I filled out the application, and my Father filled out an application as co-signer, paid a fee of $40.00. On March 1st, they called me and told me that I was approved for the apartment,wanted me to pay the deposit a.s.a.p. and that as soon as the present tenant moved out, I could move in. I gave notice where I was living, my roommate re-rented the room as of the 15th of April. On April 5th, after I had paid a deposit of $1250.00, the property management company called me and told me that the owner denied my application and to come pick up my deposit. They gave me no reason, only that the owner of the property decided hehad other plans for the property. I bought furniture to meet the measurments of the bedroom, transferred my mail, phone, and was to have cable installed on the 14th, now what do I do?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name