Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: security deposit

Posted by rose on April 16, 2001 at 18:18:51:

In Reply to: Re: security deposit posted by JL on April 16, 2001 at 12:49:01:

He has been a landlord for at least 6 years because I rented from him for 6 years.

In my opinion, the apartment looked as it did when I moved in back in 1995. The duplex was never that great. Horrible carpet stains. When I first moved in, I was so embarrassed of the carpet stains that I scrubbed the carpet trying to clean it. This was indoor/outdoor carpet by the way. I couldn't get the stains out, so I bought rugs to cover the stained carpet.

4 people moved me. I know the duplex was fine, and they all have said the same. However, like I said, the duplex had problems not due to me. Like for example, sometimes the commode wouldn't flush properly. If you took a shower, the water would rise above your ankles. It would take over an hour for the water to drain. I was washing the bathtub out with a wet rag sometimes 3 times a week to keep it clean. When water stands like that for an extended time period, soap rings are left. I cleaned the bathroom constantly.

My new place is so awesome. The first time I took a shower, the water drained quickly! I was so excited over this, I jumped up and down, and kissed the tub! :) LOL

He knew about these problems but never fixed them.

So, who knows...maybe he used the toilet and it ran over after flushing! LOL

Seriously, I think he was trying to scare me into giving him the check back. He wanted it back. Well, I might be a single woman, but he isn't running all over me with his big attitude.

I have been taught an important lesson. The next time I move, do a checklist, and take pictures. I'm now up to date with the laws too.

rose

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name