Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Pipe? noises

Posted by Ronen on April 18, 2001 at 01:20:51:

I just moved into a studio apartment in Long Beach, Long Island. When the broker/landlord showed me the place it seemed fine. Then, when I moved in, I noticed loud (pipe?) noises which are persistent, especially at night. No reasonable person can sleep through it. I hate the person upstairs because he plays music loud and bassy, vibrating my whole apartment. Also, the lobby door slams very loudly and all the tenants slam it instead of closing it quietly which is what I do. I am not staying here. I have documented all this on video and audio tape. The lease states, however, that if I break the lease (one year) I am responsible for the entire amount of the lease. Contemplating bringing all this to the landlord's attention is causing me some anxiety because I believe this was outright fraud and the LL is a crook. Previous tenants had to have complained about the (pipe?) noises. My instinct is to just find a new place asap rather than complain to a crooked LL which would probably do me no good. I would also love my security deposit back and especially the brokers fee back too. So, do I complain to the crooked LL (which I haven't done yet - I'm a wimp) or just move and let the chips fall where they may.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name