Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Access problems

Posted by Alex on April 20, 2001 at 14:59:35:

In Reply to: Re: Access problems posted by JL on April 20, 2001 at 14:47:20:

This I have no clue. It's something that just happens -- the cable breaks and service goes out. Antique technology, I suppose.
: first of all, what is wrong with the line that causes your phone to go out of service so often? does it happen to other tenants?

Who knows? He lives in a basement apartment and it may be illegal-- or he could be doped up or selling drugs, I have no idea.
: and secondly, what kind of idiot is your super?! have you asked him why he refuses to let verizon into get at the box? that sounds like the dopiest thing in the world! does he understand who they are and what they're doing? it's not like they're the secret police.

Verizon spoke with the landlord and made arangements to come by when the super's wife was available so that they could gain access. This apparently fell through also so I guess I will type out a letter and send it certified this afternoon to the LL. Thanks for that suggestion.
: you need to speak to the LL and/or the super and figure out why this is a problem. i would submit to them in writing that if the problem is not fixed you will withhold rent until it is remedied. but first just try to ask them nicely.

Upon speaking with Verizon on a daily basis about them needing to move this box, they explained to me that these boxes are regulated by the government, but in the same breath acknowledge that it needs to be moved. Maybe I need to call an attorney while I'm writing that letter and sue everyone, including Verizon.
: and definitely ask verizon to move that box, possibly to a public area so this won't have to happen again. and tell em to fix your line right this time!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name