Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Where's the current LL in all this?

Posted by Ace on April 25, 2001 at 12:19:07:

In Reply to: Re: Forget Verizon posted by Alex on April 23, 2001 at 09:54:15:

Is there anyone who can "babysit" the room or place that has this wire or cable, who can wait for the phone company to come and repair it?

Has the LL been notified, the new one? In writing, certified? If LL has ignored the complaints of the tenants (who signed off on this letter too) then you can call DHCR and file a complaint for lack of essential services and get yourself and/or everyone to sign off on it. (If DHCR finds this to be true, the complaint, I mean, they will send an inspector, who may find other violations as well, like lack of fire alarm systems, etc. and if the case goes through without LL fixing everything properly then you could get a reduction on the rent!) Once they send the inspector for a suprise visit then the LL should start moving like there is a fire lit under his/her butt. Good luck!

: This problem affects many people in the building because we all share this cable that snaps or whatever happens. Last year when it happened, all the people on my floor lost their service at the same time mine went out.

: : Is Verizon telling you the truth - or just blaming the super for their own lack of repair ? Does this problem affect only you or everyone in the building ?

: I already have cable modem service and a cell phone. I would like to have a backup phone when the battery on my cell runs down since it doesn't live up to those talk times they claim. Does anyone else have suggestions as to how I can handle this. The letter to the landlord and withholding rent is an obvious logical solution, but are there any other options I can pursue?
: : Disconnect the Verizon phone entirely and get a PCS cell phone and digital cable for internet access. Its cheaper, better, and more convenient.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name