Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: NO STOVE OR FRIDGE - need more info

Posted by Ace on April 25, 2001 at 12:26:45:

In Reply to: Re: NO STOVE OR FRIDGE - need more info posted by ADAM on April 17, 2001 at 16:16:33:

You mention you're in a rent stabilized building but not a rent stabilized apartment. Call DHCR and find out if your own apartment is rent stabilized. If it is, send a polite short letter "reminding" LL of the stove and refrigerator to be installed. Send it certified, or Fed Ex, return receipt requested and wait ten days. Keep copies of all correspondence No installation or positive answer from LL after that, then the LL is breaching the Warranty of Habitability. Call DHCR and file a complaint for decreased services.

: Sorry. Yes, I am in NYC and in a rent stabilized building.

:
: : Do you live in New York City? Are you rent stabilized/controlled? Please fill us in with more details so we can give you a better answer.

: : : I moved into my apartment on April 1st with a verbal understanding that a fridge and stove would be installed. They finally came a week later but were not hooked up until April 16. I was also having electrical problems (blown circuits, etc.) until I called an electrician. Do I have a right to subtract two weeks rent from May's rent?

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name