Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: can landlord evict when her family member already lives in the building?

Posted by Will on April 30, 2001 at 07:12:53:

In Reply to: can landlord evict when her family member already lives in the building? posted by john on April 27, 2001 at 20:39:53:

The more important point is that you are a month to month tenant and not protected by the control laws (at least I'll assume this). A month to month tenant can give 30 days notice and move out but the same hold true for landlords ...they can give whatever reason to terminate a month to month....most month to month folks don't have a lease.

Is it really a month to month or does it have an end date and you just pay month to month?....if you have a legit lease then the previous poster is right: find a site or organization more in tune in CA...the landlords reason for eviction sounds fishy...

Will

: hi,

: i live in the city of los angeles, in a rent controlled building (built in 1961). there are 8 units. my lease is month-to-month.

: i'm been evicted because the landlord claims that she wants to have her daughter move in to my apartment. according to a los angeles law provision, she is within her rights to evict me in order to have one of her family members move in (she has to pay me a relocation fee).

: the thing is her daughter ALREADY lives in the building, in a different apartment (she's the resident manager). my question is can she still evict me under the family member provision if the family member already lives in the building?

: i'd appreciate any help or insight in this matter. if possible, i would prefer to be emailed at: 2000@cyberdude.com

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name