Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: manhattanlandlords.com

Posted by Jennifer on May 07, 2001 at 12:51:59:

In Reply to: manhattanlandlords.com posted by Sarah on May 06, 2001 at 13:25:30:

: I am a recent college grad looking to move to manhattan and have been told to be very weary of brokers, due to escalated fees, scams and such. Recently I was surfing the web and came across this site called manhattanlandlords.com. This site promises to mail the customer (once a credit card number is given) a complete list of landlords in the city. Now I really feel that this may be a scam but wondered if anyone else has knowledge of this company or if it works. I am very curious and want to try it but am leary. It is advertised in the Village Voice, if that means anything. Can anyone give me feedback, i would really appreciate it?

Most of the listing services are worthless in my opinion. In fact, one of the listing services ripped me off $125 - what they provide are all the gross, disgusting places that are "the bottom of the barrel." No fee places are a huge ordeal and really hard to get. If you really want a good place you can call home, I would go with a broker (someone good like Douglas Elliman, but NOT Manhattan Apartments). It's worth the money because the broker fights for you. For me, I spent several months looking at places, looking at classifieds, spending money for bad lists, but found my place after one day with a broker. Even better, I got a rent-stabilized place and the broker event prevented someone who tried to go around him (some people try to go around brokers and go through management companies). The places that the brokers have never make it to the classifieds because they are the best apartments for the least amount of $$$. For piece of mind, the money for the broker’s fee is worth it, the best bet in my opinion.
Good luck! Manhattan in the best city!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name