Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: No electricity and more

Posted by sd on May 16, 2001 at 05:25:16:

In Reply to: Re: No electricity and more posted by New York Tenant on May 16, 2001 at 02:47:47:

: You should check to see if the landlord has a new Certificate of Occupancy for the remodeled building. If not, it may be best to consult a lawyer, who might advise you not to pay any rent [Multiple Dwelling Law 301], until the landlord gets the C of O. The landlord might have to pay your lawyer's fees.

I guess I consult DHR about the Certificate? And is this something Legal Aid would handle? I have NO money.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name