Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Refusal to provide mailman with access to building

Posted by Ace on May 17, 2001 at 09:37:13:

In Reply to: Re: Refusal to provide mailman with access to building posted by loisaida on May 16, 2001 at 21:32:02:

If you've alerted the LL through a polite short letter sent certified about this issue, then make a copy of your copy of the letter and call DHCR right away. Having access to your mailbox and having access to your mail may fall under Essential Services and DHCR may have you fill out a Lack of Essential Services form regarding it.

Are there any other issues the LL has deaf ears about?

: I would give the mailman a key if I could but the key says "Do No Duplicate"--I have yet to find a locksmith that is willing to duplicate a key that says this--I thought it was illegal for them to do, and several locksmiths have also told me that it would be illegal for them to make a copy without the landlord's written approval...

: ...so I would say the fact that only my landlord can legally make a copy of the key and that he is unwilling to, and is thus illegally interfering with the delivery of my and other tenants mail is something to do battle over.

: : BTW-a Medico key is not $18- maybe $5. So be a sport and just solve the problem yourself.
: : There are some things you should do battle over-
: : providing the mailman with a front door key so he can deliver your mail is not one of them.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name