Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Construction noise

Posted by Ace on May 18, 2001 at 12:27:10:

In Reply to: Construction noise posted by S. Kalis on May 18, 2001 at 09:36:55:

Was notice served to you by LL of the construction and how long it would take? Have you written the LL on your concern on the noise and leaks and how long will this take? Have you filed a reduction of services form with DHCR? Is there a way for the LL to compromise on what time frames this work can be done? Does LL have a permit? Have you checked with DHCR regarding if LL's filed for an Major Capital Improvement (MCI)? You are also protected by rent stabilization laws. Contact DHCR for more information.

: I live on the 6th floor of a rent stabilized walk-up. The LL is replacing the roof, but it is driving me crazy because the noise is unbearably loud, the apartment shakes, and it has caused a number of leaks. My roommate could not stand the noise, and moved out. This has been going on for 6 months. I have withheld rent, and we are going to court, but the only thing I seem to have to protect me is the warranty of habitibility. They have a building permit and start work at 7 am. Two of my neighbors are in the same position.

: Please advise me of anything I can do, or if there is some type of limit on the noise they can make.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name