Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: lease change

Posted by Ace on May 29, 2001 at 13:40:37:

In Reply to: lease change posted by joe on May 25, 2001 at 09:23:31:

If your name is listed as a tenant or co-tenant, then keep the lease under your name to avoid problems down the road. As a rent stabilized tenant, you would not be charged for a roommate, esp. if they're related to you.

: i am living in a rent stabilized apartment with one other tenant. the other tenant recently got married and has moved out. i have another tenant who i would like to share the apartment with.

: i am seeking advice on what my options and risks are -

: - should i assume the lease wholly in my own name? should i sublet to this other tenant
: - should i ask to put the other tenant on the lease?

: i am concerned that with any of these or other options that the landlord may have some loopholes that allow him to remove my rent stabilization?

: any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name