Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index


Posted by Lilly on May 29, 2001 at 18:37:16:

In Reply to: Re: DRAFT OF FORMAL COMPLAINT posted by Minty on May 29, 2001 at 13:10:22:

Once you file an overcharge complaint with DHCR, the court won't touch it-meaning that if you file with DHCR AND take this to Housing court, I believe the judge would defer to DHCR, and DHCR is infamous for taking forever, like years and years. If the DHCR overcharge is found in your favor which it sounds like it will be, the LL will contest it by filing a PAR which again knowing DHCR takes forever, and then the decision which was in your favor may be reversed, all the while years have passed. If you take this to housing court, you could get this done within a year. Just have ALL your evidence, I mean everything, lined up. If you win, LL will probably appeal but then again the time frame in housing court is much much shorter than depending upon DCHR to help you enforce your rights.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name