Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Help with my roomate problems! How do I cover my ass?

Posted by KM on May 30, 2001 at 15:18:22:

Hi, I live in the suburbs of Albany, NY, in a complex with about 100 apartments, 5 in each building, no rent regulation, written lease till August 1st, 2001.

My Fiancee and I live with one of his friends "Tony" (who is also on the lease). Tony started getting really wild shortly after we got the apartment together. We are 21/22 and he constantly has young high school kids over (16 & 17). He used to do it a lot more, but we told him it was unaccpetable and inappropriate and he cut it down to like 2 times a month (often when we are not here). When we are not here they are especially loud and rowdy and he serves alchohol to minors. I suspect they do drugs as well.

The neighbor across the hall knows there are underage kids drinking, she also knows it is not my fiancee and I making the noise. She is going to call the cops next time it happens, she just told me today. I am going to have a talk with him about these problems, but I know he will just blow me off. What can I do? He is on the lease and we cannot afford the apartment without him paying his third.

How can I keep things calm for the next 2 months until the lease runs out? Asking him to leave is not an option, however I don't want a police record! Does anyone have any suggestions of ways to cover my ass and/or to get him to stop? Should I contact the rental office? Help!!

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name