Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: rent increase

Posted by Ace on June 01, 2001 at 10:22:44:

In Reply to: rent increase posted by j.cornwell on May 31, 2001 at 22:12:14:

Just because previous landlord died, does not mean that you are safe from an increase if your lease is up for renewal. If she was entrusted to handle his properties, then pay to his trust as you have been instructed. She could increase your rent if she's the one assigned to handle father's properties. If you intend to move, put it in writing, keep a copy for your files and send the original via FedEx priority overnight. Meanwhile, keep calling. If there's an answering machine, leave messages and keep notes of the dates and times you called. Keep voice messages civil, polite and to the point, announcing who you are, today's date and your 30 day notice as noted in your current lease.

: Landlord died in Sept. His daughter is handling properties. I pay rent to trust in her fathers name. Can she increase my rent? Also I recieved copy of new lease on May 31, I have to give 30-day notice of intent to move which means I have to give it tommorrow. Tried to reach landlord all day and no answer. Went to house and no one home, left written notice taped to front door of intent to move.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:

TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name