Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent control sublet

Posted by Lilly on June 04, 2001 at 13:17:31:

In Reply to: Rent control sublet posted by Steve on June 04, 2001 at 12:42:23:

Retain an attorney. I would say that if you've been living there for 12 years, your tenancy should be considered "open and notorious", meaning the fact you've been living there for so long is obvious. The building staff knows who you are. To Whom do you pay your rent?. You could/should also be considered the "tenant of record" since the primary tenant is an illusiory prime tenant. Your lengthy tenancy there is in your favor for obtaining the primary lease. You could become the first rent stabilized tenant for that apt, but you will most certainly need a good lawyer. If you become the tanant of record, the rent will increase by a significant amount.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name