Google Search

TenantNet Forum Archives 1996-2002
Posting and Replies are disabled in all Archives
TenantNet Forum | TenantNet Forum Archives Index

Re: Rent control sublet

Posted by Lilly on June 04, 2001 at 19:41:39:

In Reply to: Re: Rent control sublet posted by Lilly on June 04, 2001 at 13:17:31:

Naturally, you challenge the first stabilized rent, if it's really high, unless you can stipulate to a rent agreeable to both you and the LL. Otherwise, after you eventually get the prime lease in your name, the LL will charge whatever the market will bear or "market rent" thereafter stabilized, and you will file a fair market rent appeal with DHCR (within 90 days). Better, much better, to have an attorney do this and bypass DHCR. You'll get a better result sooner.

Follow Ups:

Note: Posting is disabled in all archives
Post a Followup

Name    : 
E-Mail  : 
Subject : 
Comments: Optional Link URL: Link Title: Optional Image URL:


TenantNet Home | TenantNet Forum | New York Tenant Information | Contact Us
DHCR Information | DHCR Decisions | Housing Court Decisions | New York Rent Laws |

Subscribe to our Mailing List!
Your Email      Full Name